
When I got up, around 5:15 a.m., the dear man informed me that, out of the benevolence of his heart, he had consumed all five of the Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls (with real Cinnabon cinnamon and cream cheese icing).
“I really only wanted to eat four of them,” he said seriously, “but I knew you were on this diet, so I didn’t want to leave one of them and tempt you.”
Gee, thanks, dear.
Those of you who know my husband are aware of the ungodly amount of food he can consume. I have been married to him for almost three years; certainly by now I should not be surprised by this behavior. But this morning I found myself a little bit shocked: he ate 1650 calories for breakfast alone! And he won’t gain an ounce.
I, on the other hand, must consume fewer calories in a day than what my husband ate for breakfast if I am to have any chance of losing a few pounds per week.
No wonder you gain weight after you get married!
I all seriousness, I do appreciate my husband’s thoughtfulness and help to keep my on track for my weight loss goals, even if it was – albeit unintentional – kind of insensitive.
I am excited about seeing the results of healthy eating and working out. I can’t wait until I fit into clothing that I wore in high school. Mostly, I am envisioning being tan (via spray-on) and thin, wearing a bikini on the beach.
So this morning, as I measured exactly one cup of Multi-Grain Cheerios for breakfast, I tried to focus on that vision rather than the scent of warm, gooey cinnamon rolls that still lingered in the air.
I am so sorry about the cinnamon roll experience. Tasty, yes, but lots of calories... you'll be so glad when June comes and those calories were not eaten. :)
ReplyDelete