KittenCamhttp://www.ustream.tv/ offers live streaming for webcams, and the latest trend is for people to watch their pets. I have been watching a litter of rescued kittens and their mama, and it has become a staple of my workday. I keep the KittenCam up and check it periodically. It makes the day so much better. I have watched this litter from the time they were two weeks old, with eyes just opening, unable to do anything but squirm to their mother’s belly to eat. Now they are running about, pouncing, playing, and will soon be adopted. I have named them all, and will be sad to see them go. But I am sure I can find a new litter to follow. Actually, I have found a litter of puppies and a squirrel nest that are fun to watch too.
Patio furnitureSpring is finally here, and I am loving every second of the perfect weather. I have now adopted the habit of eating dinner outside, using my new patio furniture. Somehow eating on the patio, listening to the birds chirping makes for a much more relaxing dinner. All I can say is "A-maze-ing." Do it, people; you won't regret it.
GoogleReader
I was surprised to find out how many people don’t know about GoogleReader. People, get with the program. Maybe it is just me, but I LOVE getting mail. I LOVE getting email. Which is why I love GoogleReader. You use it to subscribe to any blog that you read, and everytime something new is posted, it goes to your Reader “inbox.” It is so exciting. Plus, it is very convenient. Instead of having to bookmark everyone’s blog and go to each site, Reader checks all of them for you and keeps everything in one place. I LOVE IT. And it comes with your gmail account, and everyone knows that all the cool kids have gmail.
Iced Chai Tea LattesCan I confess something? I have an addiction and it’s getting serious. As a tea drinker, Starbucks isn’t usually on the top of my list, but they have been upping their tea selection. The Iced Chai Tea Latte is a classic, but man-oh-man, it has me hooked. I can’t justify paying for one of these Starbucks treats everyday, but thankfully I don’t have to. Did you know that you can buy the Tazo chai mix – the exact same stuff Starbucks uses – in the tea section of any grocery store? (And the grocery store offers a decaf option that is not available at the coffee shop.) For just a little more than the price of one drink at Starbucks, you can make about five drinks. All you need to add is ice and milk and you have the exact drink they sell you at the coffee shop. That’s a defninite WIN for me. I may or may not be drinking these every morning …
I love your favorites. And I'm so happy to have patio furniture to lounge around in while sipping your chai and watching the kittens online.
ReplyDeleteYou are happy with things in life, and this makes me happy too.