Werthers Originals: O.M. Geeeeeee. I love these things. Except, my confession is that I like to chew them until they are crunchy little bits of buttery, caramely goodness. They taste so much stronger and yummier if you chew them. Weird, but true.
P.S. My friend Becca does not like these candies because “it’s like butter in your mouth.” Ummmm DUH! That is why they are so delicious.
Delilah. What is it about the cheesy love songs, call-in testimonials and Delilah’s trying-too-hard-to-be-calm-and-soothing voice that is so much fun? I don’t know. But I do know that when I am in my car in the evening, I cannot help but turn to her program. Just, please, please, please don’t tell my husband about this, or I may never live it down. (Sometimes it is OK to hide things from your lifemate, really, I promise.)
Cranberry Pecan croutons: a local bread company makes these, and they are good on salads or just by themselves. YUM!
16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom: Why are these MTV shows so interesting? I mean, mostly they are sad, to see too-young moms and dads, and children who are pretty much guaranteed to be screwed up. But I can’t look away. I am a terrible person; you don’t need to remind me.
Watching the neighbor’s cat use the planter box outside my office as her litter box. OK, I didn’t exactly phrase that correctly. I don’t enjoy watching the cat actually use the box; I enjoy the fact that the cat is winning a war with my boss’s wife. You see, at my office we have a porch. On that porch is a planter box. All winter long, it was devoid of flowers, and the neighbor’s cat thought this was her personal bathroom. This spring, the boss’s wife decided to plant flowers in the box. The cat immediately dug up the flowers that were in her box. The boss’s wife replaced the flowers, bought powdered coyote urine, which is supposed to repel cats, and sprinkled it on the planter box. The cat sniffed the powder, wandered away, thought about it and realized that there are no coyotes in the middle of the city, and pranced right back to her loo. Cat: 1, Boss’s Wife: 0. The boss’s wife then placed a giant plastic owl by the planter box. The cat knocked it over, then took care of business. Cat 2, Boss’s Wife 0. Next on the list: chicken wire. I am pretty excited to see how the cat defeats that.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the story of the cat is hysterical! I can't imagine there being chicken wire around a flower box... i think that defeats the idea of displaying beauty! :) oh well...
ReplyDeletealso... yes, butter in your mouth. :)